Bethany Lutheran Church is a friendly, family-oriented ELCA congregation. If you are looking for an active and caring church home, look no further. You will feel like a member of the family from the first time you are with us.
Who are we?
Mission Statement: We are a family sharing love and care, where all are welcome as Christ has welcomed us.
Vision Statement: We are a Christ-centered church that reaches out in our community building connections through loving service.
Our Core Values:
- Encourage loving relationships & fellowship among all people.
- Celebrate the love of Jesus Christ through worship.
- Embrace the inclusion of youth, family, & diversity in all parts of church life.
- Provide education & discipleship that reflects Jesus as Lord.
- Commit to share our gifts to be a blessing to others.
- Discipleship: To continue fostering faith, fellowship, & worship within our church and community.
- Outreach: To share the love of Christ through fellowship, service, and outreach.
- Finance: To guide members to be good stewards & make the church financially solvent.
Bethany people live in Kelso, Stella, Rainier, Kalama, and throughout Longview. We gather at this church tucked in the Columbia Heights neighborhood because we have found meaningful relationships with siblings in Christ here. We gather for many things, primarily for worship, for Bible study, for fellowship, for service projects, and to just to hang out with each other as part of the Body of Christ.
If you were to meet us, we hope you would see people who seek to love and care for others, who let everyone we meet know you are accepted just as you are, and who share Jesus as commitment to compassion and justice. We strive to be warm, accepting, and caring to all.
What do we believe?
Bethany Lutheran Church is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). The Confession of Faith in our Constitution reads:
*C2.01. This congregation confesses the Triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
*C2.02. This congregation confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the Gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe.
- Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death, and resurrection God fashions a new creation.
- The proclamation of God’s message to us as both Law and Gospel is the Word of God, revealing judgment and mercy through word and deed, beginning with the Word in creation, continuing in the history of Israel, and centering in all its fullness in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- The canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the written Word of God. Inspired by God’s Spirit speaking through their authors, they record and announce God’s a revelation centering in Jesus Christ. Through them God’s Spirit speaks to us to create and sustain Christian faith and fellowship for service in the world.
*C2.03. This congregation accepts the canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired Word of God and the authoritative source and norm of its proclamation, faith, and life.
For the most up to date information, events, and closures, please check our Facebook page
To contact us please click here.