July 29th Update from Re-Opening Subcommittee
Our Re-Opening Subcommittee met today and discerned that with our county’s current rate of new COVID-19 cases, it is in the best interest of our members to postpone our outdoor worship service. At this time we are not scheduling another target date. We understand that this is disappointing, but rather than having to postpone a few days beforehand each time, the subcommittee continues to discern when the best possible date for a return to worship at the church will be.
The subcommittee will be meeting again on August 12th at 12pm.
For those who are not able to access worship videos online with us, beginning this Sunday August 2nd at 12:30pm we will be hosting a small socially distanced worship watch party at the church. Pastor Megan will play the morning’s worship service on the projector for those gathered.
If you would like to attend, please RSVP by contacting Pastor Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org or at her home number 360-822-9334.
What you need to know for the Worship Watch Party:
Attendance will be limited to 10 visitors who have signed up ahead of time, masks and physical distancing will be required. You may bring your communion elements with you to consume in your vehicle after the service has ended. Masks, hand sanitizer, and communion elements will be available if needed.
We continue to keep our Bethany Lutheran family in our prayers, and look forward to connecting with each of you soon.
Bethany Lutheran Re-Opening Subcommittee
For this phase of reopening, we are required to make many health and safety accommodations, including:
- Face masks must be worn while at church, including events held outdoor.
- A physical distance of 6 feet must be maintained from people outside your family unit.
- Complete attendance lists must be kept for all events to facilitate contract tracing.
- Many elements of worship will have to be modified, including singing, communion, and the sign of peace. Details regarding all health and safety modifications can be found in the attached plan.
We need your cooperation to succeed in the Phase 2 reopening. Without 100% participation in all health and safety protocols, in-person church services will be canceled. While we apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, the risk of operating with anything less than a 100% participation rate is simply too high, as our insurance policy will not cover the church’s liability otherwise.
If you are planning to join us for in-person service, please plan ahead and prepare:
- Check your temperature before leaving your home, if you have a fever please stay home and worship with us online
- Face covering (cloth or disposable masks) for yourself and your family
- Bread and juice to be left in your car for receiving communion at the end of the service